Thursday, July 21, 2011

Six Months in Haiku


I suffer from a little problem (among several major ones). I make an entry here only when I feel fabulously inspired and I think I have potential Pulitzer Prize-winning material at hand. This is not one of those times. So if you're expecting to read something clever or something you might be able to relate to, you're checking out the wrong blog. But if you're extraordinarily bored and/or have been wondering what I was up to over the last six months (hi, Nobody!), you've struck gold. However, I'm in no way guaranteeing that you will return to whatever you were doing feeling less bored/more intelligent after reading this.

So! As the title of this entry might suggest, I'm going to chronicle my last six months in Haiku form. Be warned, I have no idea what an actual Haiku is supposed to be like. They have something to do with randomly broken sentences about something Japanese, right? Seasons? Sushi? As I said, no idea. I'm going to try my hand at it in any case. This is your last chance to flee.


February:
My friend got married in the lovers' month
HOLY SH*T WILL I BECOME A CRAZY CAT LADY?!?
What a lovely ceremony it was.

March:
After I turned older,
Shifted to an exotic land
My clothes became shorter.

April:
Preparing college applications is not simple
Dear Bangkok, your climate sucks!
Wrote an uninspired statement of purpose.

May:
Rejoiced for I was back in Bangalore!
Returned after getting my work done.
Went back to collect my degree certificate.

June:
Played therapist to a host of friends
Got two rejects.
Who counsels the counselor?

July:
The tides are turning around
Alas, Our Own and Harry Potter no more!
Still undecided about my future.

You were warned.

I have no clue what that turkey has to do with anything. That's the image that was returned when I searched for "haiku". The turkey apologizes for any inconvenience caused. So there.

3 comments:

  1. I liked the first paragraph (and the rest of it too, but I knew all that anyways :P) And yes, what is with the turkey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the fine print. No more questions. =P

    What a sad plight... The only person who read about my last 6 months is the one who already knew about them. =/ *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Add another one to that list! =P

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.