Yeah.. The title of this entry is "o_O". That is because nothing describes my last 2 months better than "o_O". And yes, I'm back to writing here.
When I started this blog I had anticipated my 8th semester to be filled with adventures, escapades, elaborate farewells, whatnot because that's how people had defined the tail-end of their college lives to me. In my case, NOTHING prepared me for all that happened since my last blog entry.
Towards the end of May, I started getting this really high recurring fever. My roomie, let's call her Meow, would keep telling me to go to the doctor. But I have this strong aversion towards hospitals so I just avoided the whole thing. Plus, this fever was super weird. I'd be DYING one day but absolutely fit for the next few days. We had our final exams. I wrote two papers pretty much without studying, thanks to the aforementioned fever.
Before we knew it, the exams were over. My girls and I decided that we'd all vacate the hostel together but before we did that we'd celebrate our last fortnight or so together. What was on my agenda? Take crazy photos all over the hostel, go to a studio and get decent pics taken with Meow, have at least one awesome night out with the girls, meet up with my college friends, go one last time to all the places Meow and I covered in B'lore over the last four years and for the grand finale, a super duper farewell to all my friends before I left. I wanted to leave before my friends so that I wouldn't have to be faced with the heartbreak of sending them off.
Sounds good, right? Yeah I know.
The first thing we decided to do was the night out plan. Everyone gets permission. This was perfect!! All of us together! So much of fun! Yay!! What could possibly go wrong in this picture of love and happiness? I was thrilled to bits!!!
D-day finally arrived. That evening while bathing, I thought I would die a very embarrassing death. There I was shampooing my hair and shivering like someone was passing high current through me. I was so sure I would collapse right there and Meow (or worse, the warden) would have to break open the door and rescue a desperately-trying-to-protect-my-modesty me. Even after this, I still wanted to go out that night. But by the time I finally got out I was shaking like I had fits. And there you go, I had to miss the party and stay back sulking the night away. So ok, I better get my sorry butt to the doc tomorrow.
A million tests and 3 hospitals later all the medical professionals concluded that they had no idea of what they were dealing with and so decided to give the medication of Typhoid and Malaria. =/ Next thing I know I've been admitted to a hospital for as long as it takes for me to recover. Admitted to a hospital . During the last. Few. Days. Of. My. Hostel. Life. o_O

This Meow...sounds familiar. :p
ReplyDeleteBut I'd never imagine you to be the kinds who takes 'perfect pictures' at the studio! Hmm (Processing a mental psycho analysis...)
"...would have to break open the door and rescue a desperately-trying-to-protect-my-modesty me." Heartfelt LOL happened!!
Haha.. I'm kinda unpredictable like that. It gets pretty irritating. Ask Meow. ;)
ReplyDelete